American Ecotech supplies and services environmental air pollution monitoring instrumentation systems. Our customers include federal agencies; State government environmental protection agencies; major industrial facilities; environmental consulting firms; and various scientific and research organizations.
The position of Office Assistant provides overall support to the Office Manager and Sales staff. Ideally, the candidate should have a minimum of 2 years previous work experience in a similar administrative role. This position requires a high degree of initiative, poise, motivation, dependability and flexibility as well as a “can-do” attitude in order to thrive within the company. Strong organizational and communication skills are imperative as American Ecotech prides itself on a high level of customer service. Prior work experience in scientific, manufacturing, product distribution, or other related industries is helpful but not essential.
Responsibilities (administrative support to Office Manager and Sales staff as follows):
- Assist Sales team with preparation of quotations and bids
- Create Sales Orders for Suppliers
- Assist with inventory/demo equipment tracking
- Social media marketing
- Answer phones, forward calls and greet visitors
- Organize staff travel (book flights, hotels, car rentals)
- Prepare and track customer shipments and collect and sort mail
- Coordinate materials needed for industry conference /events
- Data entry and on-line research
- Maintain stock of office supplies and ensure all equipment is operational
- Maintain filing systems (mainly digital systems)
- Editing of sales & product brochures
- Proofreading & copying of materials for distribution
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and a friendly professional manner
- Ability to follow instructions and work with minimal supervision
- Ability to multi-task with high degree of project- and time-management capacity
- Sound level of computer literacy and MS Office applications including MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Also must have experience using email and the internet
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization
- Prior knowledge of Quick Books preferred
- Team orientated with good interpersonal skills
- Precise, accurate and diligent record keeping skills
- Dependability and accuracy imperative
- Light lifting/carrying
American Ecotech is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Full time position with office hours 8:30am to 5:30pm Mon to Fri.
Salary commensurate with experience