American Ecotech supplies and services environmental air pollution monitoring instrumentation systems. Our customers include federal agencies; State government environmental protection agencies; major industrial facilities; environmental consulting firms; and various scientific and research organizations.
We are seeking a motivated individual to join our company as a Shipping and Receiving Clerk. As part of our team, you oversee and document the receiving of packages, parcels, and supplies, store items in the appropriate areas, and prepare items for shipping. This is a position that requires a highly organized personality. You must pay close attention to small details while managing the logistics of a high volume of items entering and leaving the facility. You must be able to lift up to twenty pounds unaided and be able to bend, crouch, and lift items throughout your shift.
- Receive incoming shipments and compare items to vendor sales orders and customer purchase orders
- Conducts physical inventories (e.g. checks contents of shipped product against purchase orders) for the purpose of verifying stock and identifying losses.
- Coordinates delivery of received items for the purpose of ensuring items ordered are delivered in a timely and accurate manner.
- Processes report requests, documents, deliveries and/or materials (e.g. items received to accounts payable) for the purpose of disseminating information and/or materials to appropriate parties.
- Records information (e.g. purchase order, items requested, items received) for the purpose of accurately recording information in District’s computer program.
- Responds to inquiries (e.g. from accounts payable, sales, etc.) for the purpose of providing requested information and/or referring to appropriate resources.
- Assists other personnel as may be required for the purpose of supporting them in the completion of their work activities.
Job Requirements: Minimum Qualifications Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- SKILLS are required to perform multiple, non-technical tasks with a potential need to upgrade skills in order to meet changing job conditions. Specific skills required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: Experienced in Shipping and Receiving, Attention to Detail.
- KNOWLEDGE is required to perform basic math; understand written procedures, write routine documents, and speak clearly; and understand multi-step written and oral instructions. Specific knowledge required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job includes: computer operation/skills.
- ABILITY is required to schedule activities; collate data; and use basic, job-related equipment. Flexibility is required to work with data utilizing defined and similar processes; and operate equipment using standardized methods. Ability is also required to work with others; work with similar types of data; and utilize specific, job-related equipment. In working with others, Problem solving with data may require independent interpretation; and problem solving with equipment is limited.
American Ecotech is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Full time position with office hours 8:30am to 5:30pm Mon to Fri.
Salary commensurate with experience